Thursday, August 5, 2010

Life and all that jazz.

My day was as uneventful as they get. It was your typical Thursday. I'd love to say that I experienced a moment that changed my life, but that'd be a lie. I learned that life is very transitory when my dad got transferred to a strange city when I was three years of age. It's not like I was shifting all the time, or that I even understood the implications of that decision then, but when I moved from the place that smelled like home to a new abode, everything changed.
Anyway, the point is that sometimes I just look around and try to savor how I'm feeling then. It's like a memory scrapbook- quite literally. Today, for instance, it was that you can choose to be inspired, instead of waiting for inspiration to strike you. I looked at my teacher, trying to figure out a thousand things in her head. Thinking of a way that would be best for her students. To educate us and unknowingly provide a life lesson on the way. And provide inspiration for a certain writer. Maybe all of us inspire someone or the other each day. And that's something to be proud of.
We judge everybody around us, and I think that's necessary to an extent, because it's like a defense mechanism, but maybe we're missing the point. Underneath that calm exterior might be a very confused soul; someone who's losing their temper all the time might have problems we can't even begin to fathom; someone who looks down on you might not be sure of themselves. It's ridiculous to expect a human being to keep all this in mind- we're programmed to feel SO much, but maybe a few people are so hell-bent on putting labels on everyone, they forget to live. And that's such a colossal loss.
So here I am. I felt like the luckiest person when I got home early and sat around having fun, but now I wish I could've said- "Why can't there be ONE more hour in the day? 24 is seriously not enough." I would've felt like I earned the right to do nothing then. I'll probably be writing the exact opposite thing a few days from now. And that's the beauty of being human. So much change to cope with, so little time. So steal five minutes for yourself and think about what hit you most about your day. Embrace it, then let it go. LIVE.

3 comments:

  1. So so nice! my little annie is a great writer! :)
    Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Annie didn't even tell me about her blog!! But its beautiful!!:)

    ReplyDelete