Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tick tock.

Recently I received a piece of terrible news- one of my distant relatives passed away because his car caught fire and he couldn't get out. Countless people have written about how we take life and the people we love for granted, but how can we not? People I'm close to are like my inner universe, and the fish never thinks the pond will dry up.

One thought led to another, and I thought of how terrible it would be if I was victim to such an accident. The sheer horror of it is maddening(I whine when I get a minuscule burn), but what's worse is the thought that I would never see my people again. I don't even want to imagine what they'll go through, but I've always thought of it like they'll lose one person but I'll lose so many.
But that's okay, I'm pretty sure I'm going to live to be a hundred years old, and a kick-ass grandma, so I don't want to dwell on the macabre too much.

'What's the moral of the story?' I can hear my own mind asking me. But maybe sometimes it's alright to not know the answer to that.

Time heals all wounds. Time waits for no one. We've heard this over and over again. I hope my uncle's family and friends, as well as the near and dear ones of the people whose lives are tragically ended everyday find some solace in that fact. Maybe with time it'll hurt less. One can only hope.

Maybe that's all we ever really need in life. Time to fall in love. Time to live. Time to say goodbye. Time to move on. Time to make someone happy. Time to correct that which is not. Time.

2 comments: